Volunteer Opportunities & Other Ways to Become Involved
- Take part in historical research. Pick a section or just one grave. Write an article for the newsletter.
- Organize seminars given by area historians, geologists, genealogists and horticulturalists.
- Take part in our “Adopt a Grave” program. You can “breathe new life” back into a gravesite whose family has long since died and can no longer care for it.
- Take part in a Living History Event.
- Help to organize various tours (i.e., tours of monuments, sculptures, statuary art and symbolism, confederate history, epitaph tours, etc.)
- Work on horticultural projects such as labeling types of trees and shrubs, with a monthly focus on what’s in bloom.
- Take part in bird watching tours. Help identify the various types of birds that live in the cemetery trees.
- Utilize the cemetery as a place of exercise. Create a walking group and go!
- Organize watercolor, drawing, and painting classes on the cemetery grounds.
- Photograph the monuments, landscape, and wildlife in different times of day/light. Organize a photography seminar.
- Help to plan summer picnics/family days in the cemetery, just like folks did in the old days!
- Member of a club? Have your next meeting in our historic Receiving Vault!