Ivy Hill Cemetery welcomes visitors during daylight hours. We encourage the gentle use of our cemetery for light recreation, education, and enjoyment of our natural treasures. We would like to remind visitors that this is still a working cemetery and we require respect to those who are here for burial or mourning purposes. We also need to remind visitors that although stones look substantial and can be very heavy, some are extremely delicate and can be easily toppled over. Please be careful.
Click here to view our cemetery maps:
Ivy Hill Cemetery Maps
Rules for Visitors
- Please keep children and pets on designated paths. Dogs must be on leash at all times, and owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Supervise children and pets at all times.
- If you need to cross the grass be careful not to lean on, or trip over stones. Watch for animal holes as well.
- Light recreation, such as walking or jogging, is permitted, but a cemetery is not a park. Please give a wide berth to funerals or grieving visitors.
- You are welcome to picnic on the grounds, but please clean up thoroughly afterward.
For a more complete list of rules and regulations, click here.
For weather related road closures, check our News and Events page.
To get the most enjoyment out of your visit (i.e., where to park, bathroom facilities, maps, interesting features, etc.) feel free to stop in the office, or contact the Preservation Society at 703.549.7413 ext. 112 or email info@IHCHPS.org.
To stay abreast of what is happening at your cemetery:
- Sign up to receive our newsletter
- Contact us to be placed on our event email list
- Friend us on Facebook
- Check our Calendar for special events, and tours