Ivy Hill Cemetery welcomes visitors during daylight hours. We encourage the gentle use of our cemetery for light recreation, education, and enjoyment of our natural treasures. We would like to remind visitors that this is still a working cemetery and we require respect to those who are here for burial or mourning purposes. We also need to remind visitors that although stones look substantial, some are extremely delicate and HEAVY!!
Please note this is a large file, if you are using a mobile device, please download our app, IVY HILL CEMETERY, for GPS guided directions within the cemetery.
Click here to view our cemetery maps:
Ivy Hill Cemetery Maps
Mobile Device App
Please download our app, IVY HILL CEMETERY, for GPS guided directions within the cemetery. The app also allows you to search our burial records for names, dates and locations in the cemetery.
Rules for Visitors
- Please keep children and pets on designated paths. Dogs must be on leash AT ALL TIMES, AND OWNERS MUST CLEAN UP AFTER THEIR PETS.
- Supervise children and pets at all times, and clean up after pets.
- If you need to cross the grass be careful not to lean on, nor trip over, stones. Watch for animal holes.
- Light recreation, such as walking or jogging, is permitted, but this is not a park. Give a wide berth to funerals or grieving visitors.
- You are welcome to picnic, but please clean up thoroughly afterward.
For a more complete list of rules and regulations, see Rules & Regulations.
For weather related road closures, check our News & Events page.
To get the most enjoyment out of your visit, (where to park, bathroom facilities, maps, interesting features, etc.) feel free to stop in or contact the office 703.549.7413, or contact the Preservation Society: 703-549-7413 ext 1112, info@IHCHPS.org.
To stay abreast of what is happening at your cemetery:
- Sign up to receive the society’s quarterly newsletter
- Contact us to be placed on the society’s event email list
- Friend the society on Facebook.
- Check our Calendar for special events, and tours.